Deadline for International Fan Festival 2019 Panel Submissions
Friday, May 1st, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PDT.
Approved Panelists will be contacted approximately 3-4 weeks before the event.
*Any submissions made after the deadline will be considered for our next event in the following year*
- Discounted/Complimentary Badges
- Front of line badge pickup
- Bragging rights
- Approved panelists may get acknowledgement on IFFT Social Media accounts with the submission of an image and a copy (must be pre-approved by staff)
- The minimum age to submit panels is 18 years old.
- Panelists will be expected to behave in a professional manner.
- Panels & workshops that were not submitted as 18+, and that IFF Staff observe to contain 18+ material, can be cancelled at our discretion.
- Unless pre-approved by an IFF Director, Panelists may not sell anything during their panel.
- International Fan Festival will provide tech such as speakers, projector, screen, chairs, tables and microphones, as outlined in the panelist submission form. It is the responsibility of the Panelist to bring a laptop or any other equipment needed. Please keep in mind some projectors only have VGA hookups, so it will be up to you to bring an HDMI to VGA adaptor in such a case as you need it.
How it Works
- Approved Panelists will be contacted to confirm their ability to present their panel, and discuss any logistics (type of event, attendance estimates, technical requirements, special requests, etc.)
- Approved Panelists may pick up their badges at the IFF Info booth (not the regular pass pick-up/purchase booths). Passes may be picked up at any time during the con; however, we encourage pick up on Pre-registration day (the day before con).
- Panelists must check-in with Programming staff at the Info Booth upon arrival on the day of their scheduled panel.
- Panelists must arrive at their designated panel room 20-30 minutes prior to their start time for sign-in. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the convention center layout and the location of your designated panel room early on. Audience members will be brought in approximately 10-15 minutes before the panel is scheduled to start “ NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If anything extra is needed, Panelists must immediately inform the staff member on site to make arrangements prior to the start of the panel itself.
- It is a good idea to make sure that sound/video is working as soon as you get into the panel room, so there will be enough time to alert our tech staff, should there be a need for their help.
- Panels should never be “on the fly”. Please make sure you are fully prepared, both content-wise and ready to improvise in the case of a worst-case scenario. Please avoid “Ask me anything” style panels. The most apt to be chosen will feature clear, concise ideas and descriptions in their submission form, with elements of academic and audience friendly, interactive elements as well.
- Main stage is reserved for IFF Events, larger contests and Bands. Panelists will not be considered for the use of main stage. If you wish to participate in an event that takes place on Main Stage please see our Contest and Showcase sign up forms.
- Panelists may not offer food and/or drinks to attendees. In the case of prizes, candy may be allowed, but please ask the Programming Director for more details.
- Panelists may not consume alcohol right before or while conducting a panel, or at any time on the premises period. Professionalism is everything.
- Panelists may not promote illegal activities, subject to Canadian law.
- Slander is not permitted. Panelists may express their personal opinions during their panels, but panelists may not attack the character of others present or not.
- Physical & Verbal assault upon anyone is strictly prohibited, and will not be tolerated.
Discussion of hentai and sexually explicit content is only permitted during panels designated. Behaviour deemed inappropriate for panels where legal minors (defined as those under 18 years of age) may attend could result in the termination of a panel in progress and/or the cancellation of a panel group scheduled panel(s).
- The cost for a Panelist and a Co-panelist, who are approved to run 1 panel at International Fan Fest Toronto, will be discounted to $30 each for a three-day badge, and can be paid for on the date of pick up.
- If a Panelist and a Co-Panelist are approved to run 2 or more panels at International Fan Fest Toronto, both panelists will receive complimentary badges. You can pick up your free badge(s) at the Info booth.
- In the event of a panel having more than 2 main panelists, only the Main two listed on the initial submission form, will be eligible for the above perk(s). Other members will need to buy passes at the regular listed rates.
- Submitting panels does not entitle potential panelists to the aforementioned pricing. Only approved panelists may qualify for the above mentioned perk(s). If your panel is not accepted for this year, you must purchase passes at the regular IFF Toronto rate to access the event as a normal attendee.
- If situations arise where panelists are not able to commit to their scheduled times due to extenuating circumstances, the Panelist must contact the IFF Programming Team immediately to give time to make alternate arrangements for a substitute panel.
- Panelists failing to show at their panel without notice to the IFF Programming Team will forfeit any chance of running panels at future IFF events.
- Vendors and Artists are subject to the terms and conditions presented on their original agreements with International Fan Festival. As such, no extra and/or special discounts will apply.
- Any vendor and/or Artist willing to donate product(s) to IFF to be used as prizes, swag and/or charitable donations must do so by contacting a Convention Director. While we absolutely appreciate donations, this neither insinuates, nor guarantees, any sort of additional discount or preferential treatment at IFF.
Ready? Than SUBMIT HERE