Deadline for International Fan Festival Submissions:
Friday, May 1st, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM EST.
You will be notified of their acceptance within approximately 10 business days after submission.
*Any submissions made after the deadline will be considered for our next event in the following year*
- Discounted/Complimentary Badges
- Front of line badge pickup
- Bragging rights
- Approved panelists may get acknowledgement on IFFT Social Media accounts with the submission of an image and a copy (must be pre-approved by staff)
- The minimum age to submit panels/performance application is 18 years old.
- All Panelists/Performers will be expected to behave in a professional manner.
- IFFT reserves the right to choose which panelists/performers get accepted
- Panelists/Performers MUST be available for all three days of the convention. We cannot guarantee specific time slots.
- Location of panel/performance will be decided by IFFT.
- IFFT reserves the right to give the panel/performance an 18+ rating if we deem it necessary
How it Works
- Approved Panelists/performers will be contacted to confirm their ability to present their panel/Show, and discuss any logistics (type of event, attendance estimates, technical requirements, etc.)
- Approved Panelists/performers will be contacted again one week prior to the convention to confirm that they will, indeed, be running their panel.
- Approved Panelists/performers may pick up their badges at the Info booth (not the regular pass pick-up/purchase booths). Passes may be picked up at any time during the con; however, we encourage pick up on Pre-registration day (the day before con).
- Panelists/performers must check-in with Programming staff at the Info Booth upon arrival on the day of their scheduled panel.
- Panelists/performers must arrive at their designated panel room 30 minutes prior to their start time for sign-in.
- Audience members will be brought in approximately 15 minutes before the panel is scheduled to start – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Main stage is reserved for Events or Bands. Panelists will not be considered for the use of main stage.
Are you a Panelist?
- Panelists (and up to 1 Co-Panelist) running 2 or more panels are eligible for a complimentary weekend pass.
- Panelists (and up to 1 Co-Panelist) running just 1 panel are eligible for a complimentary 1-day pass for the day of their scheduled panel.
- Upgrades to a weekend pass are available at a flat rate of $30 at the Info Booth.
- Any other ‘panelists’ taking part are expected to purchase passes at the regular admission rates.
- Panels & Workshops are to be 60 mins, 90 mins or 120 mins intervals at most.
- Panels & Workshops are rated “PG,” “PG-13” or “18+.”
- Anything rated “18+” will be scheduled anywhere from 6 pm – 12 am either Friday or Saturday night. All other panels will be scheduled anywhere from 10 am to Close Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Unless pre-approved by a Director, Panelists may not sell anything during their panel. Workshop organizers can charge a fee for materials used, if discussed/approved ahead of time, and with the understanding that participants may keep the finished products.
Are you a Performer?
- Performers are defined as Idol Groups, Bands, Musicians in general.
- To qualify as a band you must adhere to the following:
- Must provide your full tech rider at time of submission.
- You must have experience performing in a venue and provide a video sample.
- Performer groups approved for 1 performance are eligible for complimentary 1-day passes.
- Performer groups approved for 2 or more performances are eligible for complimentary weekend passes.
- Performances are to be 30 or 60 min intervals only.
- Performances must be PG.
- Performers will be allotted 45-60 minutes prior to the start of their show for set up. Performers who are finishing their set are required to vacate the stage space as quickly as possible to allow for the next act to set up.
- International Fan Festival will provide tech such as speakers, projector, screen, chairs, tables and microphones, as outlined in the panelist submission form. It is the responsibility of the Panelist to bring a laptop or any other equipment needed. Please keep in mind some projectors only have VGA hookups, so it will be up to you to bring an HDMI to VGA adaptor in such a case as you need it.
- NOTE: FREE INTERNET UNAVAILABLE AT THE CONVENTION CENTRE. Those in need of internet should contact the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to make their own arrangements.
- Panelists may not offer food and/or drinks to attendees.
- Panelists may not consume alcohol right before or while conducting a panel, or at any time on the premises, period.
- Panelists may not promote illegal activities, subject to Canadian law.
- Slander is not permitted. Panelists may express their personal opinions during their panels, but panelists may not attack the character of others – present or not.
- Physical & Verbal assault upon anyone is strictly prohibited, and will not be tolerated.
- Discussion of hentai and sexually explicit content is only permitted during panels designated “18+”. Behaviour deemed inappropriate for panels where legal minors (defined as those under 18 years of age) may attend could result in the termination of a panel in progress and/or the cancellation of a panel group’s scheduled panel(s).
- If situations arise where panelists are not able to commit to their scheduled times due to extenuating circumstances, the Panelist must contact the IFF Programming Team immediately to give time to make alternate arrangements for a substitute panel.
- Panelists failing to show at their panel without notice to the IFF Programming Team will forfeit any chance of running panels at future IFF events.
Ready? Than SUBMIT HERE